After reading the following information, and following the detailed instructions on the “Preparation of Papers” link to the left of this screen, you may submit your file for review here.
Electronic submission includes uploading the source file (Microsoft Word or LaTeX) for your paper and approving a pdf version that will be used for final publication if accepted.
Starting from 2017, IEDM will only have ONE submission deadline, August 3, 2018. The paper that you submit must be a 4 page camera-ready paper (2 pages of text and 2 pages of figures). If accepted, this 4 page paper will be used for publication as is. However, authors will be asked to transfer their copyrights in a final submission stage.
As of 2018, IEDM will use the PaperPlaza submission system. Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Do not email files or mail hard copies to the conference office. In order for your paper to receive a full review, the following information MUST be entered on the website along with your submission:
- Title of paper
- Personal Identification Numbers (PINs) of all authors. You may create/look-up your unique PIN for the PaperCept submission system here
- Identification as a regular “contributed” paper or a “student paper” (travel assistance for student papers is available)
- Suggested area (as listed under Topics of Interest on this site) into which the paper fits best
- 50 word abstract
Paper for review must include:
- Title of paper
- Name, affiliation, city, state and country, email of first author
- Up to two pages of text and up to two additional pages of figures and drawings (no text, captions only) in 8-1/2” x 11” format (letter) describing the planned 20-minute paper and emphasizing the findings. The font size for the body of the text must be at least 10 point.
- Excessive photo reduction of figures and poor legibility will negatively impact acceptance
- ABSTRACTS WITH MORE THAN 2 PAGES OF TEXT OR 2 PAGES OF FIGURES SHALL BE GROUNDS FOR IMMEDIATE REJECTION
- PLEASE AVOID THE USE OF SPECIAL INTERNATIONAL FONTS
- Please note that starting from 2018, the page margins given in the template document will be enforced prior to submission, so please make sure your document respects those margins
Should you encounter any difficulties during the submission process, please contact us.
50 Word Abstract for the IEDM Web Page:
This abstract is a brief synopsis (50 words) of your paper. Accepted 50-word abstracts will be used in preparing the IEDM web pages. The abstract should be prepared and inserted into the appropriate text box marked Abstract for the 50-word abstract on the submission web site. DO NOT INCLUDE THE 50-WORD ABSTRACT AS A SEPARATE PAGE WITH YOUR SUBMISSION.
Authors of accepted papers will be notified by the end of September. The accepted paper will be published as-is in the Technical Digest of the 2018 IEDM. Publication in the digest in no way precludes later publication of a fuller account of the work in another journal, but NO PUBLICATION is acceptable before the conference. The paper must be presented at the conference by one of the listed authors.
The accepted four-page abstracts and supporting information will be used for IEDM publicity purposes and portions of these abstracts may be quoted in pre-conference magazine articles and also via the Web. IF THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, AUTHORS MUST INDICATE THIS ON THE WEB SITE WHEN SUBMITTING THE ABSTRACTS FOR REVIEW. Questions regarding pre-conference publicity should be addressed to the conference public relations manager, Chris Burke at (email: email@example.com and tel. 1-919-872-8172).
For questions contact the conference office:
19803 Laurel Valley Place
Montgomery Village, MD 20886 USA