2014 IEDM Tutorials
The tutorials are in their fourth year and are 90 minute stand alone presentations on specialized topics taught by world-class experts. These tutorials will provide a brief introduction to their respective fields, and facilitate understanding of the technical sessions. In contrast, the traditional short courses are intensive full-day events focused on a single technical topic.
The tutorial sessions will take place on Saturday, December 13th. Three tutorials are given in parallel in two time slots, at 2:45 p.m.and 4:30 p.m. respectively.
For the schedule of the Saturday tutorials: Tutorial Schedule
Saturday, December 13
2:45 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Topics presented at 2:45 – 4:15 p.m.
- Physical characterization of novel materials and devices for logic and memory, W.Vandervorst, imec
- Power Semiconductor Device Basics: History, Application, and Physics, Ichiro Omura, Kyushu Institute of Technology
- Optoelectronics of Graphene and other 2D materials, Phaedon Avouris, IBM Research, T.J. Watson Research Center
Topics presented at 4:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Reliability characteristics of CMOS transistors post Si/SiO2/poly-Si gate stack scaling, Eduard Cartier, IBM Research, T.J. Watson Research Center
- Power Electronics for a Smart Energy Future, Johan Driesen, KU Leuven, ESAT-ELECTA
- Nonvolatile Memories: old and new, Jan Van Houdt, imec
TO PERMIT SPONTANEOUS AND CANDID DISCUSSION, NO VERBATIM RECORDING BY TAPE OR CAMERA WILL BE PERMITTED IN ANY OF THE TUTORIALS.