Instructions for Electronic Submission
Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Do not email files or mail hard copies to the conference office.
In order for your paper to receive a full review, the following information MUST be entered on the website along with your submission:
- Title of paper
- Name, complete mailing address and phone, fax and email of first author only
- Names, affiliations, city, state, country of additional authors
- Person to whom correspondence should be sent, if other than the first author
- Identification as invited or student paper and student travel request, if applicable
- Suggested area (as listed under the Categories link on the left of this screen) into which the abstract fits.
- 50 word abstract
Abstracts for review must include:
- Title of paper
- Name, complete mailing address, phone, fax and email of first author and name, affiliation, city, state and country of additional authors
- Authors are asked to submit a one-page text abstract with up to two additional pages of figures and drawings (no text, captions only) on 8-1/2″ x 11″ format that define their planned 20-minute papers and emphasize their findings. The font size for the body of the text must be 10 point.
- Excessive photo reduction of figures and poor legibility will negatively impact acceptance.
- ABSTRACTS WITH MORE THAN 1 PAGE OF TEXT SHALL BE GROUNDS FOR IMMEDIATE REJECTION.
50 Word Abstract for the IEDM Web Page
This abstract is a brief synopsis (50 words) of your paper. Accepted 50-word abstracts will be used in preparing the IEDM web pages. The abstract should be prepared and inserted into the appropriate text box marked Summary for the 50-word abstract on the submission web site. DO NOT INCLUDE THE 50-WORD ABSTRACT AS A SEPARATE PAGE WITH YOUR SUBMISSION.
- How to Write for IEDM
- Sample Paper 1, Sample Paper 2, Sample Paper 3
- 8-1/2 X 11 size paper abstract template
- A4 size paper abstract template
The accepted one-page abstracts and supporting information will be used for IEDM publicity purposes and portions of these abstracts may be quoted in pre-conference magazine articles and also via the Web. IF THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, AUTHORS MUST INDICATE THIS ON THE WEB SITE WHEN SUBMITTING THE ABSTRACTS FOR REVIEW. Questions regarding pre-conference publicity should be addressed to the conference public relations manager, Chris Burke at (email: email@example.com and tel. 1-919-872-8172).
For questions contact the conference office:
19803 Laurel Valley Place
Montgomery Village, MD 20886 USA
Tel: 301-527-0900 ext. 5
Authors of accepted papers will be notified by August 13, 2014. They will receive an author’s kit, which will include instructions on the preparation of an extended abstract of no more than 4 pages (including figures) for the Technical Digest of the 2014 IEDM. This abstract must be submitted to the printer by September 18, 2014. Publication in the digest in no way precludes later publication of a fuller account of the work in another journal. The paper must be presented at the conference by one of the listed authors.