IEEE & EDS Information
IEEE EDS Information
The EDS Guide to State-of-the-Art Electron Devices celebrates over 60 years of the Electron Devices Society’s work, from its inception in 1952 as the IRE Professional Group on Electron Devices to its official formation as an IEEE society in 1976. This comprehensive, full-color publication was edited by long-standing EDS volunteer, Joachim Burghartz. In addition to the foreword by Nobel Laureate and EDS Celebrated Member George E. Smith, the book contains 21 chapters by 70 contributors. A historical timeline runs throughout the book, highlighting three key time periods/eras in the electron device field.
Special Offer for IEDM Attendees
IEEE members can purchase the EDS Guide to State-of-the-Art Electron Devices for just US$35, which includes shipping and handling fees. This is more than 25% off the retail price.
IEEE and EDS Membership Promotions
You’ll receive exclusive access to the latest and best research, news, programs, and educational resources needed to expand your expertise and stay current.
If you register and pay for the conference as a non-IEEE member and are a member of another scientific/technical association, you are eligible for a $US25 credit to use towards one year of IEEE Society Affiliate membership in the IEEE Electron Devices Society. Visit the EDS membership booth to learn more.
Students Join IEEE to Build for the Future
If you are currently studying at least part time in a technology or engineering field at an accredited institution, you are eligible for a one year complimentary student membership in the IEEE Electron Devices Society when you join the IEEE. Visit the EDS website to membership booth to learn more about the IEEE and EDS.
Current IEEE Members
When you register for the IEDM as an IEEE member (student level and above), you will receive one year complimentary membership in the IEEE Electron Devices Society (EDS).
EDS members receive exclusive access to the latest and best research, news, programs, and educational resources needed to expand your expertise and stay current:
- Invitations to special events such as the EDS’s acclaimed webinars with engineering luminaries like Chenming Hu, leader of the of the UC Berkeley team that developed the FinFET 3D Transistor
- Access to members-only web content like the EDS Webinar Archive
- Eligibility to be nominated for our Society’s highly prestigious awards and student fellowships, which draw nominations from all over the world.
- Free Online Access to:
- Journal of the Electron Devices Society
- IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics
- IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices (1954 to current)
- IEEE Electron Device Letters (1980 to current)
- IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM)
- Technical Digests (1955 to current)
- IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology
- Free Copy-Editing Service of manuscripts submitted to Transactions on Electron Devices or Electron Devices Letters
- Fully Hyperlinked TOC’s for Flagship EDS Publications Delivered to your Desktop
- EDS Newsletter
- QuestEDS – EDS’s Online Question and Answer Service
Copies of the 2016 EDS Membership Brochure are also available at the Membership Desk, which will be open the following hours:
- Monday, December 5, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 6, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 7, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.